If you are constantly sneezing, wiping your nose, scratching somewhere, watching hives or acne break out, then you may be showing sensitivities to foods or environmental elements. Allergy symptoms are the immune system responding with hypersensitivity to a nontoxic substance, like pollen, in the environment called an allergen. It then produces antibodies called immunoglobulins(IgE) that contribute to the symptoms. To support the immune and lymph systems this season naturally, the following 5 ways will give it a push up that allergy hill. Allergies play a big part in missed school and work days. Allergies affect as many as 30 percent of adults and 40 percent of children according to the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. (Allergy Facts. http://acaai.org/news/facts-statistics/allergies, retrieved April 8 2015). It is possible to make it through this season in a new and fresh way by following any of the tips below.
- BREATHE DEEPLY AND MOVE
- Since it doesn’t have a heart to pump it, the lymph vessels need help so get the body moving. Walking is something most people can do as well as bouncing with your bum on an exercise stability ball for 5-15 minutes 1-3x day. Hold onto a chair for stability if needed. A rebounder works wonders for this too.
- For more advanced movements, try jumping with imaginary rope or jumping rope for 1 min, 7x day.
- NETI POT
- Clear out the sinuses that are filled with tree, weed and flower pollen with a shower to the nasal pathways using a neti pot with saline solution.
- Use warm water with ½ tsp of saline solution like Celtic sea salt. Put the spout end into one nostril, lean over sink and let it flow out the other side. Simple and easy but a little intimidating the first time. Give it a try with confidence know that you are supporting with mucosal lining of the sinuses.
- ESSENTIAL OILS and BELLY BREATHING
- Diffuse, apply to skin, or ingest DOTERRA’s highest quality oils using this blend called The Seasonal Bomb: Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint
- Put a drop of the above oils in palm of hands, and get the lymphatic system moving through belly breathing which expands and contracts the lungs that encourages movement of the lymphatic fluid
- AVOID FOODS THAT MAY CONTRIBUTE TO INFLAMMATION
- Dairy products from a cow like milk, cheese, ice cream and yogurt (be cautious with goat or sheep products too)
- Products containing wheat/gluten like bread, pasta, crackers, cookies, pastries
- Reduced or eliminate all grains like rice, oats, rye (if eating them choose whole grains only)
- Refined sugars and foods higher on the glycemic index like cookies, chocolate treats, desserts (careful not to switch to artificial sweeteners, if something needs sweetening try stevia)
- HERBS AND HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES
- Echinacea, olive leaf, cat’s claw, myrrh, sambucus
- Homeopathic remedies specifically combined for food or environmental sensitivities and drainage
- We only use the highest quality with full potency and effectiveness.
The Nutrition and Wellness Center specializes in individual care for those struggling with acute as well as chronic issues. When it comes to this season of high allergens in the air, allow us to serve you with multiple modalities. Whether it is increasing movement in our new gym 180 Transfiguration, spagyric potent liquid herbs, homeopathic remedies, the high quality DOTERRA Essential Oils, superior nutritionals, menu planning or colon hydrotherapy, we are here to bring freshness and creative ideas to the people of Williamsburg and the surrounding communities.
Check out our local pollen count at these sites:
“Then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.” Genesis 2:7
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL FAMILY BUSINESS: The Nutrition and Wellness Center