By Allie Mitchell, Clinical Director
You’d be surprised at how much walking can affect health! I try to go on a walk or run outside every day. Not just for my health, but my mood and energy as well.
- 2 MINUTES: activates genes responsible for metabolizing fat and carbohydrates, and activates anti-inflammatory signals.
- 10 MINUTES: increases creative thinking and creative problem-solving by 60%.
- 15 MINUTES: significantly lowers blood sugar levels and reduces diabetes risk.
- 30 MINUTES: relieves symptoms of depression as effectively as prescription drugs, and reduces risk of stroke by 30%.
- 1 HOUR: reduces inflammation and cell damage in older adults.
Make it priority to get outside every day. You’ll never regret a work out or healthy eating.
A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. -Proverbs 17:22
*Davidson, Jordan. “The Incredible Way A 60-Second Walk Boosts Your Health.” Prevention.com, 8 Sept. 2016, www.prevention.com/fitness/the-incredible-way-a-60-second-walk-boosts-your-health.