By Allie Mitchell, Clinical Director
As 2018 begins, a lot of us have started getting back to thinking about our health! With that, it’s important to be reading food labels and figuring out which foods and drinks to buy. Before going to the store, I love making lists… I used to grab whatever looks healthiest and never looked at the labels to find out what was in it. Big NO… Double checking labels is so important! I actually found out last month my favorite turkey slices are filled with sodium nitrates. I threw the package away and am the better for it.
INGREDIENTS AND ADDITIVES TO LOOK OUT FOR:
- Artificial Sweeteners/Aspartame — found in: diet drinks, jello, ice tea, chew-able vitamins, toothpaste(!)
- High Fructose Corn Syrup — found in: breads, candy, flavored yogurts, salad dressings, canned vegetables
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) — found in: Chinese food, many snacks, chips, cookies, seasonings
- Trans Fat — found in: margarine, chips, fast foods
- Common Food Dyes — found in: American cheese, macaroni and cheese, candy, carbonated beverages
- Sodium Sulfite — found in: wine, dried fruit
- Sodium Nitrate/Sodium Nitrite— found in: hot dogs, bacon, ham, luncheon meat, cured meats, any other type of processed meats
- BHA and BHT (E320) — found in: potato chips, gum, cereal
- Sulfur Dioxide (E220) — found in: beer, soft drinks, dried fruit, juices, wine, vinegar
- Potassium Bromate — found in: breads
Remember, what we eat is either helping feed disease or fight it. We have the power to change.
We know it’s hard to always avoid ingesting these common but toxic additives all the time, so we’d love to help your body release them through healthy cleanses, colon hydrotherapy, or infrared sauna.
“For He wounds, but He binds up; He shatters, but His hands heal.” -Job 5:18
“Top 10 Food Additives To Avoid.” Hungry For Change, www.hungryforchange.tv/article/top-10-food-additives-to-avoid.