9 THINGS THAT CONTRIBUTE TO A WEAKENED IMMUNE SYSTEM
by Julie Mitchell
The immune system is perhaps the most important body system when it comes to maintaining a healthy vibrant living active lifestyle. Warning signs from symptoms such as running nose, fever, headache, cough, watery eyes, can be a welcoming indicator that system may need support. Along with supporting the immune system, it is important to understand what may be weakening it thus contributing to the symptoms.
- NUTRIENT DEFICIENCY – The body requires nutrients for certain functions. These functions take place continually in the destruction and removal of poisons, chemicals, and toxins. They are also essential in the building up of damaged tissues. These functions cannot occur when a body is deficient in the necessary biochemical nutrients it needs to perform them.
- STRESS – Stress on the body causes adrenal stimulation. Vitamins and minerals are used up at a high rate when a person is under stress. Digestive function can be severely affected by stress.
- ALCOHOL – Considered to be a carbohydrate, it lacks the necessary vitamins and minerals to be properly absorbed for use. Its consumption puts unneeded stress on the pancreas for insulin production to metabolize the sugar. Cells are destroyed in the brain by the withdrawal of necessary water from the tissues and cells. Many people have contracted cirrhosis of the liver from the excessive consumption of alcohol. The liver being a major detoxified for this chemical is involved in the breakdown and removal of alcohol from the body.
- TOBACCO USE – Cigarette smoke contains substantial amounts of cadmium. Cadmium is a toxic metal, which contributes to heart ailments and hypertension. Lung cancer has been linked to tobacco use. Researchers have linked smoking in pregnant women to sudden death syndrome.
- DRUGS & CHEMICAL TOXINS – Years ago, a scientific study was done in 1989 that revealed 5,705,670,380 pounds of chemical pollutants were released into the environment we eat, breathe and live in. Resistant strains of bacteria are evolving from our over use and abuse of anti-biotics as they are causing a weakening of the immune system.
- HIGH BLOOD CHOLESTEROL LEVELS – Proper fat intake may enhance natural killer cell activity according to research found in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Many improper altered fats have contributed to the livers congestion and increased cholesterol.
- HIGH TRIGLYCERIDE LEVELS – Found in diets high in refined processed products most refined foods lack essential nutrients to assist the assimilation in the body.
- EXCESSIVE SUGAR CONSUMPTION – Experimental studies have shown significantly depressed lymphocyte transformation in healthy adults consuming glucose. These depressed states showed as quickly as 30 – 60 minutes after the consumption of glucose.
- CAFFEINE – Research has found 120mg of caffeine in the bloodstream could kill a person.The response from this acid forming drink stimulates adrenaline to be released as a protective mechanism to tell the body to excrete this toxin as quickly as possible.
“Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.” Psalms 42:11