By Julie Mitchell, BCND, CN
As we go through the winter months, the same story about the cold and flu season seems to arise: we better get ready for it, because it’s coming our way!
What are the culprits to “catching” the cold, flu or any other kind of microbe? Spending too much time inside (where bugs can spread fast), reducing our movement/healthy exercise, stressing about things out of our control, poor digestion, not getting enough sunshine and rest, plus eating too many comfort foods, rather than nutritious ones. Any one or combination of these can put our immune system on the defense which allows the cold or flu bug to take over with debilitating results.
Having a cold or the flu can sometimes create fearful thoughts that weaken our system. How long will this misery last? Can I catch up with all my missed work work? Or will I even be able to crawl out of this pit I’m in? Fear and dread can quickly deplete our immune building reserves and cause our immune system to be vulnerable to attacks from microbes.
If we add on top of it the news reports of deaths from the flu or the CoronaVirus coming into the United States we can easily become even more fearful. I often hear myself saying to myself and others, “Let’s not make decisions based on fear, but of knowledge and truth!”
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC, estimates that from October 1, 2020 through February 1, 2020 there have been 22-31,000,000 flu illnesses, 10-15,000,000 flu related medical visits, 210,00-370,000 flu hospitalizations, and 12-30,000 flu deaths.
In order to really defeat an enemy like the flu, we must go on the offense! When it comes to a sport like basketball or soccer, the players can play great defense throughout the game, but at some point, in order to actually win the game, they must have a strong offense and score! 💥
When it comes to the offense in your body, your immune system will not only help you score points throughout the day to make you feel amazing, it also has the potential to take down any intruder (viral, bacterial, fungal, parasite) that comes along.
6 Ways to Build a Strong Offense with Your Immune System… 👏
- Get outside, and enjoy the fresh cool air regularly with a walk or hike through the woods.
- Enjoy your fresh fruits, veggies and low-sugar foods in abundance
- Get the body moving, stretching and/or lifting with regular exercise
- Stress management is so important. If you are stressed out, you are on the defense.
- Get sufficient rest. Body heals and restores during rest phases.
- Equip the immune system with the Abundant Immune Protocol:
PRAYER: Father, help us to have faith in who You are and what Your Word says over the fearful things of this world. We choose to fear You alone which opens us up to your infinite knowledge, wisdom and truth. You will illuminate the path of wellness with the cleansing and redeeming light of the Holy Spirit as He equips us to follow and obey the hard but right way that leads to abundant living. You will strengthen us to be strong and courageous and to not fear or dread anything, for it is You, Lord our God, who goes with us. In the glorious name of Jesus we pray.
“What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who(or what microbe) can be against us?” Romans 8:31
You may want to read or reread the article I wrote a few years ago that can help deliver truth and knowledge about the immune system: PLANT THE SEEDS IN FERTILE SOIL.
- Utilize our cleansing therapies:
- Add herbs to boost the offensive immune system:
- Exhausted with adrenals falling behind?…support them with one of these:
- Power up the immune system up with powerful homeopathic supports:
- Cleanse your entire system with these protocols:
- Stay in a position of FAITH and not FEAR as you read the Word of God, to gain wisdom and direction for life of abundance in Him…abundance of LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS, and SELF-CONTROL.